Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goodbye Cali, Goodbye 2010!

Here I am, packing to take off again. I leave for the airport in about 45 minutes. First is a short little skip to LAX and then a 15 hour New Years Eve party flight from there to Sydney. And by party flight I mean regular flight with my personal infusions of complimentary beverage cheers-ing, in seat dancing and count downing. Who knows, maybe some others will chime in?? I arrive to Australia early in the morning on New Years Day and from there the scramble begins. I have a place to stay, by not a place to live; and some money, but not much; and a work visa, but no job. And lastly, an iPhone with no sim card. I'm just banking on the fact that things seem to always work themselves out. I feel quite lucky to be embarking upon another adventure in a new, fabulous place.

Happy Happy New Year to everyone! Thanks to two magical little lines- the sneaky International Date Line and elusive Equator- I'm about to teleport myself from winter 2010 to summer 2011 in the blink of an eye. Here's to new beginnings!

xx L

2 comments:

  1. Thinkin about you! Can't wait to come visit you in this new, fabulous, amazing, wonderful place we call Sydney! Have a safe trip love!!

    ReplyDelete