Saturday, August 28, 2010

Onward, Ho!

I got my backpack, got some friends, got some bug spray, got a few tickets (trains, planes and busses), and got adventure coursing through the veins... It's go time! Cape Town livin' has been lovely with its comforts and quirks, but it's about time to step onto uncharted African soil (don't worry... uncharted to ME only, not mankind in general). I'm jumping-out-of-my-skin excited for Mozambique, but might even be more excited to be bussing up the coast and staying in the Swaziland game reserve. There's just that something about the DIY travel experience that is very fulfilling. Who knows... maybe the next time you see me will be on the cover of National Geographic riding an elephant with a bone through my nose alongside my Swazi husband and family of 12? ...still wearing my cowboy boots.

I don't know if I will have reliable internet to blog at all during the next two weeks but don't give up on me! Keep checking and you will be rewarded in strange and mysterious ways. Peak under your pillow in a week and you might just find a miniature pebble straight off the white beach of Tofo, Mozambique. Even if it's just a booger under there, rest assured that I had some part in it. :-)

In the meantime, enjoy the sunshiny weather back home. If you see Melissa Virostko, wish her a happy birthday for me!! Talk to you all soon. Thanks for the messages and keep 'em coming!

Cheers!
Leah

Excited to leave Cape Town for a min!

1 comment:

  1. Leah, this is your Dad . . . about the bone thing. Forget it, you little Swaziwannabe. Come home. We miss you!

    Seriously, we hope you're having a great time and that the bus ride is as fun as it sounds. I know Mozambique is going to be awesome.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete